The game is played over the number of rounds in the year’s FIA Formula 1 Championship season.
For each round, on the prediction form provided, make predictions as to which drivers will earn points for their finish, the number of places they move up during the race, and for fastest lap, and then cross your fingers!
All entry fees form the prize pool.
$10 CAD cash, cheque, Interac Transfer or PayPal to play, payable upon entry.
There is no limit to the number of players. One entry per person is permitted.
For each round, players will be presented with a form where they must select one driver from each of the 10 grid rows.
Prediction Forms will be due:
- by 22:00 Pacific Time Saturday for any races scheduled to begin before 10:00 on Sunday, Pacific Time; or
- 70 minutes before race time for any races scheduled to begin on Saturday, Pacific Time; or
- 70 minutes before race time for any races scheduled to begin 10:00 or later on Sunday, Pacific Time
The Prediction Form will be published once, based on the following guidelines:
- to reflect the mostly likely application of any grid penalties or other changes to the starting grid before the race
- to allow players a generous amount of time to make their predictions (12 hours, if possible) before the Form is due
There may be occasions where the final grid changes after the Form is published. The Form will not be republished.
For each round:
101 points are available to the top 10 finishers
The points are awarded based on the 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 system the FIA uses for finishing points.
Maximum score is 101 points
One (1) point is awarded if a selected driver is credited by the FIA with the fastest lap of the race.
101* points are available to the top 10 performers when comparing the Final grid position to their finishing position. The points are awarded based on the 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 system the FIA uses for finishing points. Place points are not awarded to drivers who are not classified, i.e., not deemed to have finished the race.
*When drivers are tied in a points position, the points for the positions will be added and then divided by the number of drivers involved, rounded up. (This can result in some additional points being awarded beyond 101.)
Any drivers penalized with No Classification (NC) after a race will be considered to have finished in the final possible position in the race.
The winner of the game will be the player with the most points over all rounds of the game at the completion of the Season.
If players are tied at the end of the game on points, the tie will be broken based on the following:
1) Most rounds with best score amongst all players
2) Most rounds with the best score amongst tied players
3) Most rounds with the round’s best driver selected
4) Most rounds with the rounds fastest lap driver selected